Monday, February 13, 2012

A Call To Bacchus


 


Oh to dream my desires and lose myself in these fires
To contrast my body with the selfless misery
Of so many souls trapped in a vortex of my imagery
I love the soothing, sensuality of it all
Makes me want to embrace myself to the core
Please don’t awaken me to this illusion
Allow me once more to fulfil my delusion
Too many times I have abandoned this need
To submerge myself under this creed
Entangled, enhanced   enriched embraced
Inside this cauldron of my maker’s face
A mask for pure lust on a week long trail
Give me your flesh and let me sail
Into the sunset of oblivion….

Image and prompt inspired by Magpie Tales. Please visit and try out for yourself.

16 comments:

  1. Inside this cauldron of my maker’s face

    For me this was the operative line, here was the Wow effect. Just the icing on a great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Willian JJ: Indeed vivid the depiction of epic "sensuality". Dave is correct; this is an amazing line "inside this cauldron of my maker's face"...and the last line "sunset of oblivion" is brilliant as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Entangled, enhanced enriched embraced
    Inside this cauldron of my maker’s face

    The whole poem was lovely. The above two lines are dangerously delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow is right-love the last line...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more I read this the more I find - the last two lines are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great verse William! Sensuality revisited.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! Great stuff. Those last two lines nail it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your poem.... expressive, sensual and powerful. Thank you for sharing your energies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, yes.....the sunset of oblivion. Perfectly rounded up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! Vortex reached out and grabbed me...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deliciously sensual and enticing!
    I was drawn straight into the heart of this illusion...

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'your flesh and let me sail'

    Powerful!

    The Collage Pirate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great poem! I noticed you haven't posted anything in a while. I hope everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is an amazing poem. You nail every words that you've used. You've done a at job.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment..